Friday, March 23, 2007

what for 2007 ?

Reading a lot of investment magazines these days --

I have become a regular buyer of "Outlook Money", "Money Life", "Multual Fund Insight"...

I am investing more in magazines... and investing only a comparative amount in MFs :)

I hope i prepare less, and do more!

But i am a learner, not a investor..

But if you want to invest in MFs consult me.., my investing decisions may be poor, but i can give you the info that i read...

Lets make this world a better investing place !!!!

Jai Investor.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anoop,
Please give me some 3 or 4 MFs (having highest returns/ equity based) where I could invest as SIPs.
I am looking for over 10 year period for investment.
please send me u r suggestions.

Anoop G said...

Mid cap funds have heavy risk, but may return better returns...

Reliance Growth
Sundaram select midcap
SBI Magnum Global
Brila Midcap etc

Funds having large cap concentration is less riskier than above

I have SIPs in these funds
HDFC Equity
HDFC Top 200
Franklin India Flexicap
DSP Opportunities fund
Reliance Vision

Its better you go to valueresearchoneline.com and do some research before investing..

Anonymous said...

one more question:
do u use ICICIdirect for SIP? they take 1% to 2.5% as service charge even for SIP. But I heard that for SIP investments, there's usually no service charge.
who's u r broker for SIP?

Thanks & Regards,
Anish

Anoop G said...

i use icicidirect.com

for the MFs i am in, there is a entry load of 2.25%. The broker's fee ( icicidirect) for MF purchase is taken from that only.. no extra pay!

my selection logic was take some 4 star or 5 star rated funds from valueresearchonline.com

Anonymous said...

I think there's no entry load of 2.25%, for SIPs when taken through other brokers.
Read somewhere in valueresearchonline.com.