Saturday, August 01, 2009

The Alchemist.........

Found the Novel "The Alchemist" in philosophy section. Wanted to get some book to be read in the train journey back home to thiruvananthapuram. Picked up as i had heard that was a good read from several of my friends.....

In train I got totally immersed in that Novel. "Dreams of Santiago, the shepherd" and his journey to achieve the dreams was inspiring. Read around 70 pages. Was feeling myself just in the shoes of "Santiago". In the pursuit of dreams, but reached half-way, leaving all the loved ones ( sheeps and lover!), and found myself washing the crystals in shop confused on whether to pursue for the dreams, or go back where you are used to....

I had a strong feeling that I should also be an adventurer like him in pursuit of treasure.., and not feel like a victim.

Then like always the good feeling remained only for a short time. The feeling of loser and victim again conquered me.... Threw the book away....

On saturday night, sleep was not coming. So took the book again.. The remaining pages were not that interesting. But still interesting to keep the pages moving... Finally I liked the climax. Pursuing for dreams all around world, and finding it at the place where the journey started. And it also reminded me to enjoy all kinds of days - whether good or bad. Each day is different, and it needs to be enjoyed.

Hmm.. with possitive mindset I started my journey back to Bangalore. At Thirunelvelli the bus stopped for dinner at 10pm. I had the hang-over of "Sivakashi" movie. And 7-8 steps from the bus I found myself in a waste water drainage ( gutter ). One slab was missing, and Anoop didnt realize and fell into the trap. I landed in two legs, and found myself lucky not to have hit my chest or head. I said to everyone - "I am fine", but nobody cared! One guy told me where i can find water to wash my legs and chappals.

Travel continued... Alchemist gave me the necessary enthu to enjoy the new experience.. !

And then back in bangalore... Feeling myself as the "crystal merchant", and not as "santiago" the hero. Myself I am inproving my attittude towards life. But too old to receive the omens send to me ( or omens are not coming at all).. And no dreams except day-to-day life. Feeling afraid of the new things coming in life, and just want to settle with the old things. Dont like to realize that I can achieve more, and should pursue for dreams. I seem to be happy ( or unhappy) with the way I am now..

Thats depressing.. I want to be "Santiago".

So bought the next book.. for next week's travel - "The Last Lecture"!!

1 comment:

Srinivas Guntupalli said...

One is never too old to receive omens. Just, keep yourself open enough :-)