Monday, October 16, 2006

Things people search for

When i did my last post - i was feeling the need for a counter in my blog. When i saw this post
"things poeple search for and "seach ends here and why in my most favourite blogs, i was damn sure i should put the web-monitoring mechanisms in my blog ASAP.

i created an account in statcounter.com and have put in my blogs. Its nice to see how many hits you get, how much time others spend in your blog, from which sites they come etc etc. The most interesting ofcourse is to figure out whether you receive any hits from the keywork searches.. i was damn sure, i will not get any. But just after putting the statcounter - i also received a hit due to a keyword search. The keyword was-"priyamanvale part1". . I felt honoured!

Its a nice feeling. so it has given me a purpose to continue blogging.

I will add more masala and film keywords to my blog!!!

label: statcounter

4 comments:

Deepu George V said...

Hi Anoop,

Thanks for visiting and for comments.

I can see the excitement in you after installing the statcounter code in your blog. You can keep an eye on the stat counter and you will be able to target people better to your blog after doing an analysis.

I just saw the link to Open Hat in your blog. Shameer, the owner of openhat is my dear frined and was my class mate for B.Tech .

Keep Blogging.

Deepu George V said...

Saw your comments.. thanks.. I am also now visitng your blog often.

Waiting for your next post.

--Deepu

Anonymous said...

Anoop

Thanks for the statcounter. I has enrolled. The one interesting thing was that IE is still the biggest guy visiting me. Firefox is behind. This looks interesting to see where people logged in from. When I connect from my office, thats reported as US- true thats how it connects outside of office!

Anonymous said...

Poonaji not speaking for a longtime now. Though you are blogging. Let Poonaji speak once a while

BTW, I reclaimed my riyaz signature. Have been sharing the same signature with Irene thats why used me:) for long. Now we have separate signatures. No clashes!