Saturday, December 23, 2006

Job Security

What will happen if i lose my job today ?

I may have just enough financial reserve to restart my life.. But still the thought of losing job is itself very scary..

Was going through the book "First things first".., and it had one nice example. A boss asked all his colleagues to go through the job columns and select the better ones than the current. Then he asked them to go and look whether they will get the job. They tried, but failed in interview. The jobs required new knowledge, new skills, new informations they did not have.

The moral of the story is: Put our job security based on the capacity to do the job, rather than the job itelf.

This will make us fearless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea! Nice Example Poonaji...

Now I'm a bit confident in this field.

First Things First is a Real Classic even it make me bored at chapters...