Monday, January 22, 2007

Financial advice

Its great..

Financial advice to three persons within a day..

I talked with a young muslim man. He wants to invest in MFs(Mutual Fund), but does not want to invest in MFs where money will go to buy shares of banking institutions and liquor companies. This he asked me, when I suggested that MFs are the best investment in a Islamic way. I tried to convince him.., living under a non-Islamic government he has to take that compromise as investing in stocks directly needs time and knowledge. Then finally i suggested to look for special funds which invests in oil sectors, blue-chip companies etc.

My Father invested a large amount in three NFOs (New Fund Offers). I told him it was better to invest in a known performing fund. Also NFOs has more initial costs. He then said he asked for NFOs. Good! patients ask for medicine directly, rather than letting doctor prescribe.

Today I was called from a meeting. I was asked in which tax saving funds he should invest. I said "HDFC Tax Saver" and "HDFC Long Term Advantage Fund". Hope they are good. I am feeling like a Financial consultant now - speciality MFs.

No comments: