Sunday, June 17, 2007

Santa clara ( news at airport )

Its been 4 years since i traveled to United States..., everything looked slightly odd at the Chennai airport. I was not feeling comfortable...

After checking in and passing the security, i still had about two hours before i board the aircraft. I spend time reading "erlang" the language we mainly use in our products. And before few minutes before boarding the aircarft i realized that i dont have the contact numbers of my manager in US. I was worried because in case any deportation chances happen at the US immigration, i can give the number to the officials as a last try. anyway without that i boarded the aircraft....

I felt very tired during the journey to singapore... After reaching singapore, i had few hours where i mailed to my manager and got his number... so i felt nice and confident... But could not spend much time at the singapore airport.., which i always love as i had another flight to catch.

Met Anand at singapore airport, and luckily he was on the same flight... but at two ends of the plane......! we also had a break at Seoul, where anand bought me biscuits and coffee. It was good, as i was not feeling good with the food served in plane.

After reaching SFO airport i chose a queue where Indians are less... And when i reached my turn i gave my passport...... These conversations too place:::

He: Are you on business ?
Me: Yes ( may be my voice sounded "sort of")
He: How long ?
Me: 6-8 weeks....
He: What sort of business is that........
Me: Its for requirement collection of the next version of our product.. detail schedule is attached..
He: And can you say what is your product
Me: Its a Security product.....
He: Can you explain...
Me: its for Remote access... blah blah

He started doing the stamping process... but for my surprise he started saying.....

He: You should be coming on L1.. have you travelled before for 6-8 weeks..
Me: for last 7 years i have travelled only once, and for 1 month. But before that i have stayed for 6-8 weeks.

He: ur company is misuing B1 Visa.. They should be sending on L1... please take care next time.
Me: ( did i say yes ?)
He: else also no problem... we will cancel the B1 visa...

and he gave me the entry for three months..........!

and one week after today my friend is travelling to US on B1.... Hope he gets through.....!

No comments: