Saturday, July 15, 2006

Chicken Pox, Chicken and Coffee

Last weekend when i was at home, i got a call from jojan, saying Malu has been affected with chicken pox. I thought I should not have come home. I may also have got infected. In Sreedevi's office also she said, there had been few chicken pox cases last week.

I thought not to take risk in case of lachu.. We took her to hospital and took chicken pox vaccine. it costs around 1300Rs.. Sreedevi asked me also to take vaccine.. but my purse had no extra money ! So i thought i will take homeo vaccine, which was supplied free from sreedevi's office..

Taking homeo vaccine is easy.. but no coffee, no tea.., no fish.., no chicken.. The last time i had this restriction was in "art of living" days in early 2000. AnoopG without tea is like Matiz without petrol.. also after coming to chennai i have become an addict of chennai filter coffee.. one week without these, is really difficult.

Anyway i could not stop that frequent visits to canteen though.. instead of tea, coffee started drinking horlicks, boost, bournvita, viva etc.. felt more energy..! so perhaps the forced change was good..

But yesterday but i broke the code.. I forgot to take medicine.. so in canteen i had an extra option.. no homeo medicine taken, then why spend 7Rs for horlicks.. I asked for tea.. and in evening went to Minar Biriyani and had thandoori chicken..! so all the code broken..

Chicken looks nice in the plate.. but when i start eating i usually loose interest in it. This time also it was no different.. I ate only half of the things ordered.. somebody had commented in the past that i eat like capacitor charging.. ( i dont know the electronics behind that).. everytime when i waste chicken,, i remember the "thatukada" in kazhakoottam junction.. In 1998, me and Vinod were having food from a thatukada like shop next to Revathi hotel. Me as usual ordered chicken,, but i did not like the geography of the chicken and was eating chicken without harming it much :) Vinod was sitting by side of me and was enjoying his chicken.. One person in his mid thirties was sitting in front of me and he signalled me using his eyes to give away my chicken.. My reflex is always quick.. I did give away my chicken..! The waiter in the shop was angry and he began to proceed to the man.. i stopped him in the middle by signalling with hand.. atleast the life mission of the chicken is accompolished.. it is not getting wasted.. When i remembered this story, i was sorry for wasting this chicken now.. luckily binoj and deepesh came in.. and i saw that man in them.. i gave away my chicken remainings to them.. let the new chicken also rest in peace.. no more chickens for me..

Today i woke up... and went to binoj/deepesh... they were about to leave to office.. i said we can have breakfast.. and we had dosas, vada and tea from a nearby shop.. very good feeling to have tea back in my life.. i changed their plans to go to office.. we returned back to my apartment.. they saw vertical limit and ET in my DVD, while i was busy searching for the warranty card for the stabilizer.. i could not find it.. but in the process i cleaned up the house.. and threw away many papers and most probably some of them are warranty cards for my other devices.. anyway i dont need them now..

After that we had lunch at bharani.. i preferred curd rice today.. but after curd rice.. i could not resist a strong filter coffee.. does curd and coffee match ? anyway no problem for me.. i like that !

No comments: