Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Recent encounters


old A/C
Originally uploaded by poonaji.

06/07: Replacing the A/C

Took my A/C from kingini apartment [look at my old blog]and decided to replace the old A/C here in my Shreyas apartment.. Things went on fine.. A/C was installed. The room is better now.

07/07: Key-less again

Friday - Have to go home today. So decided not to take my car. When we were just out of the apartment... jojan shouted that he forgot the keys inside.. Again... It was frustrating.. why again ?.. We did not know what to do. Anyway decided to go to office. Called house owner -- he said the extra keys are with father, and he is currently in US. So he can call father in evening and ask... But we decided better not wait till evening and get a negative answer.

We investigated all around the apartment -- We were able to slide the glass windows and see the key inside the apartment at the top of T/V. With the help of watchman, we made a long rod and tried pulling the keys from there.. but the rode was short slightly..

the next plan was remove the grills in the window. it is a bolted one ( may be to make it wasy for people like us ).. we took one spanner from the car,, we needed one more. called shameer/binoj and asked them to bring the other spanner..

when we were taking rest and waiting for the other spanner to come - jojan had an idea - he shortened the rod - and through the window he tried pushing the door lock with the rod - and he asked me to push the door from oustide - within 5 minutes we were able to break into the house - ( so professional thieves can make it faster !)

finally it was a happy ending. i decided not to duplicate my keys when we can open within less than 5 minutes -- why we need backup plans ?

Disclaimer: dont try to break into my house. It contains some old clothes and some nice books only

Today's news: My A/C stabilizer got damaged.. so my woes with A/C continue.. now i have to search for the V-Guard warranty card and service center

2 comments:

Muhammad Riyaz said...

Anoop

Give some more details. Like exact location of apartment, which window etc. That would help many.

Riyaz

Anoop G said...

for identifying my apartment, i have given a photo.. in my earlier blog..

but i am going to buy a new lock.. so this trick will not go for long..

also do thieves read blogs?? that too my blog...