Tuesday, May 08, 2007

( lack of ) presence of mind

Yesterday i visited Spencers daily. Had shopping and was ready to drive away. But just behind my car somebody else had parked. There is a person to regulate the parking there, and he used to take keys from cars parked behind. But the driver was sitting in the car, so there was no need to take the key. And when we came out there was no driver and we were stuck.

The person in charge came and told sorry to me and explained. I said "no problems". My better half scolded me "lachu is waiting. dont say no probs. go and ask him". As usual i hear everything and take no action. I preferred to eat the chinna samosas that i bought from Spencers. In the mean-time peron-in-carge of parking (PIC) opened the door of the car behind me and started "horning heavily". But no response.

After waiting for around 15mts, the person in carge (PIC) came and asked me, can i take my car if he moves the car on the right side. With difficulty i agreed. It was very difficult. I did all aerobics with my car and it got stuck finally. And i asked PIC to help me. He was definitely a better driver than me. He could do much better but still could not make it.

After all these exercies only we noted that the door was open in the car behind us...... ( PIC even "horned" from it). Finally he entered the car behind, changed to neutral and steered ( and pushed) out of my cars way.

Anyway it was just another realization to me that i dont have presence of MY mind when it matters.. Luckily PIC's brain worked after the 30mts of battle and we were saved!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me know when you are coming. You can reach me at 408 970 3557. We live in Santa Clara itself.
I remember you coming to my marriage, Laalettan's purse got pick pocketed...What are you doing in Chennai, software management? mail me at musthafa@matratech.com