Sunday, May 13, 2007

Stephen Covey

I am into one Stephen Covey book - "8th habit : from effectiveness to greatness". Its not that i practice 7 habits! I like learning, than practising. But atleast that make me recommend books or gift books to people.... ( i like even ground, so i even recommend good practices/books to my foes also )

I have read these books ----
1 7 habits of highly effective people
2. First things First
3. 7 habits of highly effective teens ( by Sean covey )

He is different from Marcus Buckingham . Marcus relies on detailed researches, focuses on inherent talents, how to build your recurring patterns to strengths, and capitalize on that etc. Covey believes on universal principles, how to practice better habits that will help u as a better human being in family, social and work life.

The first chapter on 8th habit have many references to Marcus book "Now discover your strengths" and also regarding Strengths etc.

So may be i will be able to find some convergence between these two after reading the book.

So I am starting to read it.

disclaimer: i certainly wont mind me becoming a better person. But more than getting the results, I like the "learning part". May be thats why i am called a learner in my StrenthsFinder test.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Poonaji.. I never read those books.. may be I'll start reading.. But I have a comment on this part:
"i certainly wont mind me becoming a better person."
-- what d u mean by "better person"??!! Poonaji will be Poonaji always.. He is always better. His basic behavior will be uninfluenced and untouched, whatsoever books he read.. [mmm.. Am I correct??!! ] ;-)

Anoop G said...

thanks Anon......

may be u r correct.... my basic patterns whether its good or bad remains the same!