Saturday, August 26, 2006

blogging - cons and pros

A good wellwisher friend of mine told me " Anoop .., its very evident that your mood is visible on your blogs. If your Manager or anybody sees it they will know"

Also he added - "I recently read an article which says - nowadays people search in blogs to get details about the individuals applying for a job. This is because in blogs people are open"

I said - "I will take care. I will make some good blogs which will advertice my behaviourial skills well so that current and potential employers can feel proud of me"

Anyway its funny because I do google all the names that come across - I search with their different combination of names, nick names, different mail ids, look in news groups, technical forums etc etc.. Recently also when I re-initiated many contacts with my BTech friends, old Company friends I googled them and found how they are seen in Web..

But still i am not bothered about my image in Web. Actually I should not be - What i present here is only my 1% of truth..! Whatever I say is truth, I never say my whole truth :)

As Binoj's blog Title says I am what I am. Presenting you silly things in public - open for all public, gives you a rebellistic satisfaction :) Its nice...

Anyway I should start Image building exerices.. to avoid risk. I should start some other blogs in my virtual managers names and say something good about me.. ( actually i have lot to say).. In my own blog I cannot advertise mysself.. Anyway I already have some good references to start with...

1 comment:

Jeseem said...

so some future manager
in some future company
who may think of giving you a future job,
sometime in future when you may need it,
may look at what you are writing presently.

blogging is another way of showing yourself, in an increasingly restrictive society.
so don't make it a deadbody covered with beautiful roses.

being urself is far more important than any job. ofcourse everone has different views, some may consider image and job more important. and my take for them is 'keep ur f...... ideas to urself'.
ofcourse i am just being me :))