Sunday, July 15, 2007

One week in Boston

Celebrating one week in boston today!

Living in a small town called Tewksbury. Office is 10 miles away and have to take freeways to reach there. Had doubts in my mind whether i would be able to drive safely as had little experience in driving in freeways in US.

On sunday itself I took a rental car. Called a cab, and to my surprise the one that came was a big luxurious car!!! I dont know whether no yellow-cabs are there? Cursing myself, I got into the car.. Had to spend 40$ to reach there. I dont know why my company books a rental car for me - from 9 miles away ? From the new malibu in Santaclara to the old Ford Focus in Tekswbury I was disappointed.

Now with car in hand, I really needed to find the way to office and back from it. Luckily my NeSTian ( old company mates) friends came, and we had a drive to office and back. And that gave me the confidence I needed.

On monday morning, I was driving nicely, and was watching for exits 30 A-B-C from I495S freeway for joining another freeway US_3S. But just before I reached the exit, a police bike was just behind me. For a second, I was watching him, and by the time i regained my focus, the exit was gone.. Having confidence in me, i continued... I know what now i have to do is take the next exit and come to 1495N ( reverse direction) and take exit on 30A.

I took the next exit..., but took again 1495S :) So i had to continue on the same direction for another 6 miles , where I took the next exit... and i continued my way through the exit. Drove for sometime, and luckily saw a lady park her car in a school. Went and asked for help. She taught me, how to take 1495N. So I went to take I495N and was in a left lane ( which should exit to 1495N). But then i dreamed again and went straight. But this time woke up fast, entered a gas station. From there regained my direction sense, and returned to 1495N.

Also there were some issues on later days because I was not yielding properly when taking right turns. Luckily no accidents.

But now I am a better driver......

Living alone in hotel is boring....... Nobody to talk to

But saturday was fun, as with friends we went to Boston downtown and nearby places. Had a glimpse of MIT buildings and in the evening had Kappa and Meen Curry. Bought a lot of fruits from Boston Market, so this week I am having fruits for breakfast!!

Let me see how the next and final week in Boston goes..!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wat abt the beef curry and chicken curry poonaji??? BAD that you forgot..!!