Monday, July 30, 2007

Travel back to santa clara

Friday night after pizza partying with friends, I drove to apartment alone from Lowell. I dont know how I picked up the correct routes. It was a confusing rottery junction ( ? not sure the term is correct). Luckily I managed to find US-3 South and proceed. Came to hotel very late night, and slept immediately.

Morning woke up at 8am only. Had lot of things to do - (1) pack up things (2) return car 10 miles away (3) make everything ready before flightline shuttle service come to pick me up.

I started for returning the car at 9:30am. Driving in smalll roads in US is confusing to me now. The boards show 35mphr, but all drive at higher speeds. The divider lines are not very clear etc. Also i dont know to take U turns in those roads etc. I missed my left turn and went lot of distance because I was not sure when and how to take U turns and some cars were behind me, so i did not want to irritate them. Finally i did turn at some point and came back and took the correct path.

Then came an intersection without any signals. There also it was confusing for me how to take left. I was coming from a small road. The vehicles moving to the right direction had stopped and there was path for me to go. But i cant see vehicles from left direction. Anyway I took left to the main road immediately. I decided, I should read traffic rules book immediately once I am back in SantaClara. ( and i have started reading that today...!!!).

After giving the rental car back, it took some time for me to get a taxi. Its very good to watch those towns while someone else is driving. Very small towns - Tewksbury , Wilmington etc. very beautiful. If i had company, surely i would have explored more in those areas.

It was heavy rain during the time i started on my shuttle to airport. And the rain literally continued through out the day. My flight came on schedule. But it got delayed, because the staff were not able to load the luggage in heavy rains. And finally when we were boarded to the aircraft. But then also the plane was not given permission to fly because of heavy lighting and thunder in the Manchester area. I was hoping some beautifil ladies to occupy my side seat. But as usual that did not happen. One small child and her mother were my seat partners. But it was fun. They started playing good games using cards, making some shapes etc. So i got some ideas on what more should i buy for lachu..............!!!!!!!!!!!

After some time, the plane took off and six long hours in the flight. I spend time seeing my favourite movie "Legally Blonde" and also "History Channel". Good, finally arrived on san Jose airport. Limousine from my company dropped me to Milpitas airport. After three weeks in Boston, now have a stranger feeling in Milpitas!!!!

1 comment:

Muhammad Riyaz said...

If a beautiful lady had occupied the seat beside you you might have got good ideas on what to buy for your wife??